- Advice and information on a range of benefit issues including Universal Credit, Peronsal Independence Payment (PIP), ESA and housing.
- Our Business Debt service provides tailored, independent and impartial advice for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- We have compiled some information that may help you during the COVID-19 crisis including information on benefits, employment and accessing food and medicine.
- Confidential and impartial debt and money advice can help you manage your money and debt issues so you can take back control.
- Practical, digital and language support to ensure that EU nationals make an EUSS application before 30 June 2021.
- Advice and information on tax credits and HMRC issues including Child Benefit, Self-Assessment, childcare costs and PAYE.
Get Local Advice
How we’ve helped people
Welfare Reform Helpline
A client phoned the Independent Welfare Reform Helpline for advice on a PIP decision that was taking a long time.
The client had migrated from DLA to PIP and in doing so had asked for a paper assessment.
Working for change
Our Head of Policy, Kevin Higgins, spoke with Mark Carruthers on Sunday Politics Northern Ireland about the March 2020 mitigations cliff edge.
- Make the most of learning opportunities by discovering your personal learning style. This course offers lots of ideas and resources for money advisers. It will help you enhance your learning and development.
- This Anytime Online training course is hosted on Advice NI’s learning management system, Moodle, and provides learners with flexible online learning that they can access at a time that suits them. Once registered, learners can complete the learning content in a way that suits them, in multiple...
- This pre-recorded course is available online now to access anytime. It provides a concise, practical awareness session for those new to Universal Credit, updated to include information on services and adjustments available to those impacted by COVID-19.
- The learning looks at why and how a good case record should be created, reviewed, progressed and kept confidential.It considers case reviewing and progressing strategies.
- This pre-recorded course is available online now to access anytime. Having the knowledge, skills and information to make informed financial choices can make the difference between financial security and financial crisis. This online course will help participants to understand how to manage their...
- Learn what a credit reference file is and the information it contains. Find out how to advise clients who have been victims of credit fraud, have been turned down for credit or wish to improve their credit rating.
10 February 2021 - 16:02Farmers and agricultural businesses facing financial difficulties can approach Advice NI for free and impartial guidance on debt solutions.
03 February 2021 - 17:02Advice NI welcome the supportive comments made by Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey in relation to independent advice.
02 February 2021 - 17:05
The Advice NI Policy & Information team is delighted to publish this January 2021 edition of our policy eNewsletter ‘THINK’.