- Advice and information on a range of benefit issues including Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment (PIP), ESA and housing.
- Our Business Debt service provides tailored, independent and impartial advice for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- We have compiled some information that may help you during the COVID-19 crisis including information on benefits, employment and accessing food and medicine.
- Confidential and impartial debt and money advice can help you manage your money and debt issues so you can take back control.
- Practical, digital and language support to ensure that EU nationals make an EUSS application before 30 June 2021.
- Advice and information on tax credits and HMRC issues including Child Benefit, Self-Assessment, childcare costs and PAYE.
Get Local Advice
How we’ve helped people
Tax and Benefits service helps client with late filing penalty
This client attended an Advice NI Tax & Benefits Service outreach advice clinic in a stressed and anxious state.
The client was a single, self-employed cleaner earning roughly £8,300 per year. He had outstanding late filing penalties owed to HMRC amounting to £5,415.07 in total.
Working for change
Our Head of Policy, Kevin Higgins, spoke with Mark Carruthers on Sunday Politics Northern Ireland about the March 2020 mitigations cliff edge.
- This pre-recorded course is available online now to access anytime. Having the knowledge, skills and information to make informed financial choices can make the difference between financial security and financial crisis. This online course will help participants to understand how to manage their...
- Learn what a credit reference file is and the information it contains. Find out how to advise clients who have been victims of credit fraud, have been turned down for credit or wish to improve their credit rating.
- This pre-recorded course is available online now to access anytime. It provides a collection of concise narrated presentations to provide an overview of the legislative changes introduced to a wide range of social security benefits due to COVID-19. Updates include: • Universal Credit and COVID-19...
- Get the facts on this hot topic! Look at common problems that clients experience and how you can help them. Key topics covered are the background of payday loans, current social issues, understanding how they are regulated, common problems encountered and knowing how best to advise a client.
- This course is an introduction to supporting clients through income maximisation in a thorough and systematic way.
- This course consists of 6 mandatory modules. It includes a DRO practice application form and an assessment. This distance learning element is a pre-requisite for completing the Debt Relief Orders: Approved Intermediaries – face to face (live-online) course. It is an essential part of the process...
13 April 2021 - 16:24Community Advice Banbridge is currently recruiting for a Generalist Adviser.
31 March 2021 - 10:08Welcome to the latest edition of Advicematters.
30 March 2021 - 15:34The Advice NI Policy & Information team is delighted to publish this February and March 2021 edition of our policy eNewsletter ‘THINK’.