Coronavirus Community Support
Get Local Advice
Advice NI’s Helplines remain open
We are working hard to move our training, where possible, to digital. For any queries, please contact our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline contact details:
Welfare Changes ring 0808 802 0020 or email email@example.com
Tax & Benefits ring 0800 988 2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Debt ring 0800 083 8018 or email email@example.com
Debt Action ring 0800 028 1881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
EU Settlement Scheme ring 0800 138 6545 or email email@example.com
For Historical Institutional Abuse advice and support call 02890 645919 email firstname.lastname@example.org
How we’ve helped people
A sole trader who ran into difficulties with HMRC
A sole trader who had an engineering business ran into difficulties with HMRC when he received notice that he had liabilities totalling over £30,000 due for unpaid PAYE, VAT and self-assessment.
Working for change
Anytime Online - Wiseradviser - Understanding and Supporting Clients in Vulnerable Circumstances (NI)This course looks at what vulnerability is, and introduces ways to identify, safeguard and support clients in vulnerable circumstances. It should be followed by the face to face (live-online) course 'Understanding & Supporting Clients in Vulnerable Circumstances'...
- In 2014, the Financial Conduct Authority took over responsibility for regulating consumer credit from the Office of Fair Trading. Find out more about changes in guidelines and legislation.
- This course introduces you to the Standard Financial Statement (SFS) and how to use it with your clients when giving them debt advice. It is suitable for advisers of all levels of experience.
- The CFS is a simple tool that you can use to make debt repayment offers to creditors. This course covers the principles that underpin the CFS, the budget format, and how to use it.
- These resources are designed to help you to understand how to use CASHflow to support your clients. You can use them on their own or in combination with MAT’s dedicated training website for CASHflow.
- This pre-recorded course is available online now to access anytime. It provides a concise, practical awareness session for how Universal Credit works for the self-employed, updated to include information on services and adjustments available to those impacted by COVID-19.
28 August 2020 - 14:07The Advice NI Policy Team is delighted to publish our latest edition of our policy eNewsletter ‘THINK’.
31 July 2020 - 09:59The Advice NI Policy Team is delighted to announce that our policy eNewsletter ‘THINK’ is back'.
Advice NI urge people advised to ‘shield’ due to the pandemic to take action now to avoid missing out
27 July 2020 - 16:18Almost 100,000 people with underlying diseases or health conditions received a ‘shielding’ letter advising that the safest course of action was to stay at home...