- Advice and information on a range of benefit issues including Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment (PIP), ESA and housing.
- Our Business Debt service provides tailored, independent and impartial advice for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Confidential and impartial debt and money advice can help you manage your money and debt issues so you can take back control.
- Practical, digital and language support to ensure that EU nationals make an EUSS application before 30 June 2021.
- Our COVID-19 safe mobile advice van can visit your community group, workplace, or event to provide face to face advice.
- Advice and information on tax credits and HMRC issues including Child Benefit, Self-Assessment, childcare costs and PAYE.
Get Local Advice
How we’ve helped people
Debt Action Helps Client to Keep His Family Home
The client called our Debt Action service.
He was married with two children, self-employed and a homeowner. Although, the client’s mortgage and other priorities were up-to-date, he was concerned about the level of his non-priority debt.
Working for change
Our Head of Policy, Kevin Higgins, spoke with Mark Carruthers on Sunday Politics Northern Ireland about the March 2020 mitigations cliff edge.
- In this course we give tips on how to provide full and clear advice via e-mail. It is aimed at advisers experienced in face to face advice, who are seeking to develop skills in the delivery of advice via email. This on-line module should be followed by the face to face (live-online) course 'Giving...
- In 2014, the Financial Conduct Authority took over responsibility for regulating consumer credit from the Office of Fair Trading. Find out more about changes in guidelines and legislation.
Anytime Online - Wiseradviser - Understanding and Supporting Clients in Vulnerable Circumstances (NI)This course looks at what vulnerability is, and introduces ways to identify, safeguard and support clients in vulnerable circumstances. It should be followed by the face to face (live-online) course 'Understanding & Supporting Clients in Vulnerable Circumstances'...
- This Anytime Online course has been designed as a set of short, concise modules created to provide the skillset for initial contact and support staff to quickly identify emergencies, priorities, quick fixes and routine enquiries and assign resources that best fit the client’s need in times of...
- This course introduces you to the Standard Financial Statement (SFS) and how to use it with your clients when giving them debt advice. It is suitable for advisers of all levels of experience.
Blended Online - Adviser NI – The Level 4 Certificate and Extended Certificate in Providing Social Security Advice
These exciting new qualifications cover the skills, knowledge, processes and practice of providing multi-channel advice in relation to social security benefits in Northern Ireland. The course covers all advice skills required for individuals to meet the Northern Ireland Advice Quality Standard...
07 May 2021 - 12:41One of our member organisations, Community Advice Banbridge, is currently recuiting two Generalist Advisers.
04 May 2021 - 12:21The Advice NI Policy & Information team is delighted to publish this April 2021 edition of our policy eNewsletter ‘THINK’.
27 April 2021 - 12:26Damask Community Outreach, based in Lisburn, is seeking to engage a General Adviser to a part-time post of 16 hours per week.