- Advice and information on a range of benefit issues including Universal Credit, Peronsal Independence Payment (PIP), ESA and housing.
- Our Business Debt service provides tailored, independent and impartial advice for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- We have compiled some information that may help you during the COVID-19 crisis including information on benefits, employment and accessing food and medicine.
- Confidential and impartial debt and money advice can help you manage your money and debt issues so you can take back control.
- Practical, digital and language support to ensure that EU nationals make an EUSS application before 30 June 2021.
- Advice and information on tax credits and HMRC issues including Child Benefit, Self-Assessment, childcare costs and PAYE.
Get Local Advice
How we’ve helped people
A sole trader who ran into difficulties with HMRC
A sole trader who had an engineering business ran into difficulties with HMRC when he received notice that he had liabilities totalling over £30,000 due for unpaid PAYE, VAT and self-assessment.
Working for change
Our Head of Policy, Kevin Higgins, spoke with Mark Carruthers on Sunday Politics Northern Ireland about the March 2020 mitigations cliff edge.
- Learn how you can adapt to individual client’s and combine face-to-face, telephone and email advice with self-help options. This course aims to save you time and make your service as effective as possible.
- This course covers 6 modules, which will give you an understanding of the Consumer Credit Act (CCA), from checking the agreement to hire purchase and bills of sale. You will also gain an understanding of the unfair relationships provisions, some of the legal protection the consumer and time orders...
- In this course we give tips on how to provide full and clear advice via e-mail. It is aimed at advisers experienced in face to face advice, who are seeking to develop skills in the delivery of advice via email. This on-line module should be followed by the face to face (live-online) course 'Giving...
- In 2014, the Financial Conduct Authority took over responsibility for regulating consumer credit from the Office of Fair Trading. Find out more about changes in guidelines and legislation.
Anytime Online - Wiseradviser - Understanding and Supporting Clients in Vulnerable Circumstances (NI)This course looks at what vulnerability is, and introduces ways to identify, safeguard and support clients in vulnerable circumstances. It should be followed by the face to face (live-online) course 'Understanding & Supporting Clients in Vulnerable Circumstances'...
- This Anytime Online course has been designed as a set of short, concise modules created to provide the skillset for initial contact and support staff to quickly identify emergencies, priorities, quick fixes and routine enquiries and assign resources that best fit the client’s need in times of...
15 January 2021 - 16:17Advice NI Urges Businesses and Individuals to Seek Free Debt Advice
17 December 2020 - 13:26Advice NI the leading advice charity are celebrating their 25th year operating with a difference this year. They are delighted to announce they have launched...
17 December 2020 - 11:59
The Advice NI Policy Team is delighted to publish this end-of-year bumper Christmas edition of our policy eNewsletter ‘THINK’.