Are you a small business, partnership or sole trader struggling with debt?
Our Business Debt Service can provide free advice and information.
- Tailored business debt advice to sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- Budgeting advice
- Solutions to deal with the debt
- Negotiate with creditors on your behalf
In 2019-20, our Business Debt Service helped 195 businesses deal with £8.2m of debt.
Debt Team of the Year Winner
In 2021, our personal and business debt advisers were named Debt Team of the Year in the UK.
The prestigious title was presented by the Institute of Money Advisers (IMA) who praised the local team for its unwavering support for people dealing with debt in Northern Ireland while keeping focus on training and development.
In 2020-2021 Advice NI’s Debt project, funded by Department for Communities, offered support and solutions in 4,000 debt cases totalling over £25 million in business and personal debt.
We have created some useful factsheets and letters that you can use.
We have compiled a number of factsheets that provide useful information on a range of business debt topics.
You can view accessible versions of these factsheets on our publications section.
- Business Leases
- Business Rates
- Credit Control
- Debt Management Plans (DMP)
- Extra Information for Budget Sheets
- Income Tax Debt
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
- Limited Company
- Sole Traders
- Statutory Demands
- Tax Sheet 2020-21
You can use our selection of useful letters below as a template if you need to write to your creditors.
- Creditor refused an offer
- Creditor Refuses Offer - But you want Legal Proceedings to Cease
- Creditor Refuses Offer - You are happy for Legal proceedings to continue
- Creditor to Write off Remaining Debt Balance
- Creditor Won't Freeze Interest or Charges
- Dispute Liability
- Hold Account for 28 Days
- Letter requesting copy of Signed Agreement
- Letter to creditor - cancel money judgement
- Letter to Return Vehicle to HP Company
- Mortgage Shortfall - Lender to cease pursuing as over 6 years
- Mortgage Shortfall - Third Party Full & Final Settlement
- Mortgage Shortfall - Write off Settlement
- Offer of Full & Final Settlement
- Pro-Rata Offer to Creditors
- Query Mortgage Shortfall as Unaware of - No Contact
- Reconsider Debt Write off - If not Acceptable then accept Token offer
- Refusing to allow Debt to be Secured on your Property
- Token Offer-Nil Offer to Creditors