Are you a small business, partnership or sole trader struggling with debt?
Our Business Debt Service can provide free advice and information.
- Tailored business debt advice to sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- Budgeting advice
- Solutions to deal with the debt
- Negotiate with creditors on your behalf
In 2019-20, our Business Debt Service helped 195 businesses deal with £8.2m of debt.
We have created some useful factsheets and letters that you can use.
We have compiled a number of factsheets that provide useful information on a range of business debt topics.
You can view accessible versions of these factsheets on our publications section.
- Business Leases
- Business Rates
- Credit Control
- Debt Management Plans (DMP)
- Extra Information for Budget Sheets
- Income Tax Debt
- Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
- Limited Company
- Sole Traders
- Statutory Demands
- Tax Sheet 2020-21
You can use our selection of useful letters below as a template if you need to write to your creditors.
- Creditor refused an offer
- Creditor Refuses Offer - But you want Legal Proceedings to Cease
- Creditor Refuses Offer - You are happy for Legal proceedings to continue
- Creditor to Write off Remaining Debt Balance
- Creditor Won't Freeze Interest or Charges
- Dispute Liability
- Hold Account for 28 Days
- Letter requesting copy of Signed Agreement
- Letter to creditor - cancel money judgement
- Letter to Return Vehicle to HP Company
- Mortgage Shortfall - Lender to cease pursuing as over 6 years
- Mortgage Shortfall - Third Party Full & Final Settlement
- Mortgage Shortfall - Write off Settlement
- Offer of Full & Final Settlement
- Pro-Rata Offer to Creditors
- Query Mortgage Shortfall as Unaware of - No Contact
- Reconsider Debt Write off - If not Acceptable then accept Token offer
- Refusing to allow Debt to be Secured on your Property
- Token Offer-Nil Offer to Creditors