What you'll be doingAs an Internet Champion you will help to deliver our 10 week Rights 4 Seniors Digital Course to small groups of 5 - 10 older people. The classes are held once per week for approximately 90 minutes.
The overarching aim for the volunteer is to empower older people to access necessary information online, with emphasis on older peoples’ rights and entitlements (including pensions, benefits, health, housing and community care). Each volunteer will have full support of our Volunteer Coordinator and volunteers play a pivotal role in the delivery of our Rights 4 Seniors Digital Course.
You will also be expected to work co-operatively with all members of staff and adhere to the values, policies, practices and procedures, undertaking training as appropriate to develop skills.
Internet Champion Volunteer
“I would say it is never too late to become a volunteer. It teaches you new skills and you may even discover skills and talents you didn’t know you had."
What you'll needOur Internet Champions come from all walks of life.
You don't require any specific qualifications to volunteer as an Internet Champion but you will need:
Personal Qualities (Essential):
- Computer Literate
- Good communication skills
- Warm and patient
- Respectful of trainees and able to show an interest
- Can use own initiative
- Work within team environment
- Tablet Literacy
- Interested in Older peoples’ and advice issues
Training and SupportYou will be given the following training and support:
- Induction to organisation
- All volunteers will expected to participate in a two day training programme to enable them to confidently deliver the 10 sessions in Radius/Private Nursing homes.
- Ongoing training and support will be given as required and you will have opportunities to meet with the staff members and volunteers.
- Regular updates on organisational activities.
- Daily support, advice and guidance, from Volunteer Coordinator and Manager.
- Quarterly Support and Supervision
- Coaching and Mentoring when required
Download the full Internet Champion volunteer role description