Social Security Tribunal Representation - (20th February - 6th March 2018)
Tuesday, 20 February 2018 - 10:00am to Tuesday, 6 March 2018 - 4:00pm
This fully interactive, case law specific three day accredited course in Social Security Tribunal Representation will cover in detail:
• “Playing to win” Understanding the importance of the initial application and assessment process and form filling when a case reaches hearing.
• Understanding the crucial role of legislation, guidance, case law and decision making guides in Social Security decision making.
• Understanding and using PIP, ESA and Universal Credit case law.
• Preparing the best case, research skills, gathering effective evidence and writing submissions.
• Social Security Tribunal Procedure and best practice.
• Making the case in person - Effective Tribunal Advocacy skills.
The course will fully equip advisers with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully and professionally represent their clients at the 1st Tier Social Security Tribunal.
Who Should Attend:
This course is beneficial for Advisers and other colleagues wanting to develop and/or accredit their practising ability to effectively represent clients at Tribunal. A baseline understanding of PIP, ESA, and general benefit advice and processes is recommended for this course.
There is a charge of £350 to Advice NI Members, £400 to Voluntary and Community Sector organisations and £450 to Private and Statutory Sector organisations.
This course is accredited with OCNNI at Level 4 and worth 45 CPD hours (inclusive of self-study time
This course can be used as evidence towards a range of units in our Advice and Guidance NVQ’s and Legal Advice qualifications including ‘Prepare to represent advice and guidance clients in formal proceedings’ and ‘Present cases for clients to access referral opportunities’.
This is a 3 day course. It is due to run on the 20th, 27th September & 4th October