Welfare Reform NI: Looking Back – Moving Forward
For the past 18 months, Advice NI has been delivering a Civic Activism project which set out to: -
- Challenge the myths and misconceptions around welfare reform and social security;
- Capture citizen’s experiences and fears;
- Enable benefit claimants to have more influence, a louder voice and be better informed.
- Audience participation via live voting on the facts behind common myths and misconceptions;
- Awareness raising of Welfare Reform issues through a video production highlighting the harsh realities of the impact of Welfare Reform on citizens;
- Telling the story of Welfare Reform through a narrative of the Northern Ireland journey towards full implementation of the reforms and the likely future implications on citizens;
- Animated infographics exhibiting our civic activism through use of 5 tools from the democracy toolkit;
- Interactive storyboard allowing people to share their thoughts and feeling throughout the event.
You can get involved and help us by forwarding stories of how Welfare Reform has and is impacting your clients.
You can also encourage citizens to: -
- Complete our online Citizens Reporting tool
- Post comments on Social Media using the @AdviceNI, #WelfareReformNI and #CivicActivismNI handles