Media Event - Welfare Reform Mitigations
Less than one year to cliff edge
Time: 10am – 12pm
Location: NICVA, 61 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast, BT15 2GB
Advice NI and NICVA are facilitating a media morning at NICVA to highlight the welfare reform mitigations cliff edge NI faces in one year. These mitigations which were agreed in the Fresh Start Agreement to protect against some of the harshest impacts of welfare reform, expire in March 2020.
Through this engagement we aim to generate sustained media coverage on the fast approaching mitigations cliff edge in March 2020 and the impact this will have on people including the threat of an eviction crisis. We will do this by:
- Providing media with the latest up-to-update information on the mitigations package
- Facilitating interviews with people that rely on the mitigations package, in particular people affected by the bedroom tax and the benefit cap
- Facilitating interviews with people that have a key interest in the mitigations package including advice sector, housing sector, community sector
- Seamus McAleavey, NICVA Chief Executive
- Bob Stronge, Advice NI Chief Executive
- Professor Eileen Evason, Chair of the Welfare Reform Mitigations Working Group
- Glenda Davis, Sandy Row Community Forum
- and others TBC.
If you are interested in being part of this event and engaging with the media on the issue of the welfare reform mitigations please register below.
For any further questions please email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.