The Licence Fee Increases to £150.50
The new licence fee amount equates to just £2.89 a week or £12.54 a month. For that, the BBC provides 9 national TV channels plus regional programming, 10 national radio stations, 40 local radio stations and one of the UK’s most popular websites.
- A colour licence will now cost £150.50 (currently £147).
- A black and white licence will cost £50.50 (currently £49.50).
- If the customer is blind (severely sight impaired), they will still be able to apply for a 50% concession. This means a colour licence will cost £75.25 (currently £73.50).
- There will be no change to the free over 75 TV licence.
- The cost of Accommodation for Residential Care (ARC) concessionary licences won’t change. These licences are available to people living in certain types of residential care.
We are currently advising licence fee payers due to renew in March to pay on time so that they will pay the current rate of £147. Those buying a new licence before 1 April will also pay the current rate. Find out more here.