Elderly and Vulnerable EU Citizens could risk losing rights to healthcare if they don’t act now!
- Work in the UK.
- Continue using the NHS for free.
- Enrol in education or continue studying.
- Access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if eligible for them.
- Travel in and out of the UK.
Fiona Magee, Deputy Chief Executive, said:
“We are urging relatives and carers of elderly and vulnerable EU Citizens living in Northern Ireland who haven’t already applied to the scheme to contact us immediately to help them to apply. It is vital that no eligible EU Citizen loses out on the ability to continue to work, access health services as a result of not completing the EUSS application prior to the deadline. We have a dedicated FREEPHONE number 0800 915 4604 with OISC level 3 trained advisers who have supported lots of people from different nationalities to make the application and secure their status. There is no fee for completing the application and all Advice NI services are free to the public. We aim to assist anyone who needs to apply to the scheme to gain either settled or pre-settled status and are calling on anyone who knows, works with or lives beside an EU Citizens to let them know of our service and the need to apply before the 30th June 2021.
With only one month left to apply for the scheme, those living in NI must seek advice on what they need to do and act now to allow time to obtain the relevant documents required."
The Commissioner for Older People for Northern Ireland, Eddie Lynch said:
“I would strongly urge any family members and carers of any older EU nationals who are living in Northern Ireland, to make sure their loved ones apply to the EU settlement scheme before the deadline of 30 June. It is essential this is completed in order to gain either settled or pre settled status and to ensure those older people do not lose their right to continue living in the UK. I believe there may be many older people who this applies to who are not aware of the deadline or the consequences of not applying.
“I would encourage older people to make use of Advice NI’s freephone number which is a valuable resource, providing support to people who need assistance with completing the application.”
- Contact: Elkie Ritchie Communications Manager on 02890645919 or 07702846030
- Advice NI is the umbrella body for the Independent Advice Network in Northern Ireland and its members dealt with 540,983 enquiries in 2019/2020, the majority being social security benefits related.
- To date 88,600 EU Citizens have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme from Northern Ireland
- If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen living in Northern Ireland, please contact Advice NI FREE multi-lingual service to check if out are eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme.. Advice NI can provide free assistance with proof of identity, eligibility and suitability as well as completing the online application. Call 0800 915 4604 or email email@example.com
- *People with disabilities, people with mental health capacity issues, victims of crime [domestic violence, trafficked, hate], people that lack language/digital skills, people with no internet or devices compatible to the Home Office EU Exit app, children in care/left care, homeless.
- To find out more about the work of the Independent Advice Network or to obtain copies of the various publications produced by Advice NI, please contact us on 028 90 645919, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.adviceni.net