Quality Update June 2022
The Quality Team at Advice NI continues to offer support to a number of the Member’s Assessors and Managers.
The Team delivers several training programmes that focus on improving the quality of advice provision across the sector. These programmes aim to support and aid the development of the Assessor in their role, whilst ensuring Managers and Advisers understand the requirements of the NI Advice Quality Standard (NIAQS).
The Quality Team can provide support through one to one or via larger group meetings. Since Covid-19, all these are now done via Zoom online conferencing platform. All group training is uploaded to the Advice NI website (https://www.adviceni.net/training) and advertised through Advicelink.
The package of dedicated support includes:
- The NIAQS Case Recording and Quality of Advice Audit training. This training consists of 2 hours online pre training work on Moodle in addition to an online live half-day session;
- Case File Review through Advice Pro training for Assessors, this consists of a 2 hours online live one to one session;
- Individual Assessor workshops, which are focused and relevant to the need of each Member;
- Group Assessor workshops, where Assessors can share their experience and learn from one another. The next session will take place on 13 September 2022, places are restricted so Assessors should book early to secure their place;
- Peer Review support between smaller members, who have access issues or limited resources. This process takes time to embed into an organisation and may require bespoke training and support to teams working in this area of quality;
- Guidance on completing individual member Gap Analyses through the Quality Portal;
- Create and upkeep policy guides, which are then readily available through the Quality Portal. (https://www.adviceni.net/membership).
Advice NI is keen to support its members in the delivery of high quality advice services, and are committed to working closely with member Managers, Assessors and Advisers to help them prepare, achieve and maintain the NIAQS.
For further information about any of the above support, or to book your place on the Group Assessor workshop in September, please contact Marie Gilmore, Quality Manager: