Job Vacancy - Welfare Reform Adviser
One of our member organisations, Ballynafeigh Community Development Association, is recruiting for a Welfare Reform Adviser. Part-time applicants will be considered for job share.
The duties of the post include:
- To advise and support clients (either via telephone or face to face) who need help with any aspect of the welfare reforms that are affecting their lives.
- To be flexible in terms of deployment via telephone or face to face as may be dictated by the demand for advice services
- To refer to and engage with the South Belfast Advice Consortium members on all aspects of welfare reform
- To use effective and appropriate referral mechanisms to other services as appropriate.
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date confidential case records for all clients using the Advice Pro case recording system
- To identify, record and follow up social policy issues as they arise and BCDA considers appropriate
- To assist the advice team to collect statistics on service usage and financial/non-financial outcomes achieved by the service and carry out periodic client profiles surveys
Duration of post: 31 March 2022 – with possible extension subject to funding
Salary Scale: £22,627 pa plus 5% pension contribution, pro-rata for part-time applicants
The closing date for completed applications is 8th October 2021 at 4pm.
You can find the full job description and specification. application form, equal opportunities questionnaire, and disclosure of criminal convictions forms below.