Job Opportunity - Generalist Advice Workers
The Ardoyne Association is currently recruiting for 2 full-time Advice Workers. The Advice Workers will be part of a very effective team, providing a free, quality, confidential advice service to people, on issues such as welfare rights, housing, consumer, and employment issues.
Maximising Household income is a key factor of the post. The shared management and delivery of the New Benefits & Universal Credit Café Clinic, working with Volunteers to support vulnerable clients claiming and maintaining their UC claims. Deliver Advice in the new and extended opening service that will include evening and weekend advice service delivery. The post holder will also work within the wider North Belfast Advice Partnership on strategic delivery and accessibility of Advice Provision across North Belfast
|Post||Generalist Advice Workers x2|
|Hours||35 hours per week|
|Working hours||Includes evening and weekend extended service - rotational|
|Annual leave||As set by organisation/statutory holidays|
|Responsible to||Centre Manager|
These posts are funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.
- To provide accurate and impartial information and advice to clients in a confidential, sensitive and non-judgemental manner at all times, directly, information sessions or by telephone;
- To provide advocacy on behalf of clients by making telephone calls, claiming online benefits, writing letters and filling in a range of forms;
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date confidential case records for all clients, and to maintain all administrative systems used to record work undertaken;
- To assist in the collation of statistics on usage of the advice service, in terms of the number and nature of enquiries and any additional benefit entitlement resulting from work on behalf of clients;
- To engage and assist our partners and other stakeholders on a programme and service delivery.
- To deliver advice outreach services when requested and required, supporting a range of partners.
- To undertake any training which may improve the service provided to clients;
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
- At least 1 years’ experience of generalist advice provision;
- 5 GCSEs or the Equivalent
- A recognized qualification in advice provision (AdviceNI Welfare Rights/Law Centre training);
- Experience of managing an ongoing caseload on behalf of clients, and good general organizational skills;
- Experience of using Information Technology and Advicepro as an integral part of day-to-day work;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Driving license
- 3rd level qualification
Completed form to be returned by email or post to: Ardoyne Association, 111 Etna Drive, Belfast, BT14 7NN.
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th August at 12 noon.