Our MissionAdvice NI’s mission is to provide leadership and services to our members and ensure accessible advice services across NI.
Our ValuesAdvice NI holds a set of core values which are central to both what we do and how we do it. These values guide us in our work as a membership organisation and as a staff team and influence how we engage with our wider range of stakeholders.
- Accountability, transparency and quality in all our work
- Diversity, growth and sustainability of our members promoted
- Valuing our members and meeting their needs through creative and collaborative working
- Independence of advice services promoted
- Community development and well-being at the heart of our work
- Equality and social justice in all we do
Advice NI Growth & Sustainability Principles
- We will not compete for local contracts unless members wish us to do so, on their behalf – or wish us to support them to make a bid
- We will not enter into any local frontline advice delivery contracts without consulting with local members in the area
- We will always seek to use existing member organisations in the delivery of regional contracts
- We will always try to collaborate with, rather than compete with, our members
- We will always seek to work with a voluntary sector organisation, rather than a private sector organisation, in the delivery of frontline advice services